My latest Ebay auction has just over 24 hours to run and there are a few titles I’m surprised haven’t had any bids yet.
- Porto Carthago is another great design about influencing the passage of ships and goods through the harbour of Carthage by Bernd Eisenstein, the designer of Peloponnes;
- Kamisado is a beautiful and very clever abstract game by Peter Burley where the colour space you land on determines which piece your opponent has to move next;
- Drunter & Druber is a Spiel-des-Jahres winner from Klaus Teuber about directing a city’s walls, roads and irrigation system while avoiding the precious outhouses (it was republished as Wacky Wacky West;
- Café International is another Spiel-des-Jahres about seating customers of different nationalities at the tables in a posh café.
- Schrille Stille is a rare game about the music industry with a unique voting mechanism and beautiful production as usual from Zoch.
- Villa Palettti is both a Spiel-des-Jahres winner and a beautiful production from Zoch - and it’s a fun dexterity game where steady hands are crucial;
- Alcazar is a huge game by Wolfgang Kramer which was a follow-up to the classic Big Boss and includes rules to adapt the game to fairly closely recreate that earlier game;
- Time’s Up is the classic party game that has come out in many editions because it is that good with three rounds of increasingly difficult clue-giving;
- Ostia is another economic game about trading in a harbour this time set in ancient Rome and it is a game of timing when to donate goods to the senate to get the best return.
There is also the very collectable first edition of Vlaada Chvatil’s Through the Ages, released in 2006 by Czech Board Games (which I’ve only played once so is in near mint condition).
There are lots more that do have bids but still at reasonable prices, particularly those by hot designers like Stefan Feld, Friedemann Friese, Uwe Rosenberg, Reiner Knizia and Kramer & Kiesling. The full list is here.
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: http://www.spiel.co.uk/wordpress/wp-trackback.php?p=609
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Line and paragraph breaks automatic, e-mail address never displayed, HTML allowed:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>